Nov 5, 2008

Obama Won

I, like many my age have had the opportunity to witness some great moments in History. Through the TV I was there when the Kennedy’s and King were assassinated. I remember watching the Apollo Missions, the landing and walk on the moon as well as the Challenger explosion. I was there when the Twins won the World Series. I watched the Twin Towers fall and the start of the war in Iraq.

Last night I and the rest of the world witnessed Obama win the Election. I have voted and watched all the other elections since Carter but they were all about as exceptional as the traditional changing of the guards. Even Bush stealing the election with the Florida votes didn’t pare to what happened last night.

Grant Park was filled with a vast melting pot of sexes, races, ages and economic groups. Everyone from gang bangers to Celebrities was there and all were celebrating that hope and change had arrived. That level and dimension of emotion and hope I have never before witnessed or experienced in my life. What we saw at Grant Park was repeated throughout the USA and the world. Last night the USA and the rest of the world witnessed and cheered on a new beginning taking its first step.

It was more than an election and a new president being voted in. Last night it felt like the world changed and I was proud to be an American and part of the change. It was History once again being made in front of my eyes.

Let’s keep that change and hope alive and rolling!

No comments:

Book Instructions

You Tube Safety Bike